• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RK 3-link owners,quick ?

89jeepxjw

NAXJA Forum User
I need a mesurement. Pretty much lower control arm length without the joint,so just from center of the bushing on the frame end to the end of the arm itself or where the jam nut snugs up against the arm. Im pretty sure my lowers got cut short by RK....to get the axle in the right spot I have less than 1/4" of thread from the joint screwed into the lowers. This is only on 5.5" of lift,something is up. Thanks.

make sure your brackets are in the right spot, i beleive theres 2 places it 'CAN' go... and one is wrong.

what motor/trans do you have? that'll change where your crossmember is located.

sorry, cant help with measurements (my buddy has the rk 3link, and i helped install, but the jeep isnt here)

you could allways call RK.... good luck!

hmmm...something doesn't sound right.

ill be home in a few days and if i remember ill measure my arms. Im running 6 inches of lift though and my arm joints still have plenty of adjustment left in them

and you cant screw up where the brackets go. 2 bolts go through the stock crossmember mounts, and all the other holes are determined from that. really no way to do it wrong

Aw4 so the two blind holes at the front are not used. I'm almost positive the lowers are cut short. Problem is I've had this kit laying in my garage for over a year before I installed it so I doubt rk would do anything about it. I ran this kit on the ex girlfriends 98 at 6" and had plenty of thread in the arms,think these particular arms got passed quality control. Bummer.

if rk doesnt man up to it (and they really are short), i think ballistic joints should have a much longer shank on their ballistic joints...

Back