• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bar pin Eliminators on 2001 xj?

twistedlizard720

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased JKS bar pin eliminators and went to install them last night on my 2001 xj. I removed the shock and realized that it has bolts coming down through the body and nuts secured the bar pin. The holes were bigger than the equipment supplied by jks and no threads what so ever. Is this some sort of previous botch job? or did they change the design the last year or 2?

It sounds like a previous patch to broken bolts. There should be captive nuts in the frame, and you should have bolts that go thru the BPE's into your body.

Ya In run those BPE's on my 01 worked fine!

good luck

I just did rear shocks in my 2001. All four shock bolts snapped so I hit them with an air hammer to pop them out and leave the holes. Then I used a set of grade 5 nuts and bolts, used a small extending magnet to push them into the body mount and pull them out of the hole. Then, I could slide the shock bar over the bolts and tighten with a nut.

Not knowing the design really well on the JKS, I would think you could get some longer grade 5 hardware and do the same thing. Slip the JKS BPE over the bolts and tighten the nuts from the bottom...rather than the OEM set up of having the nut welded in the body.

In the 2001, the rear shock bolt holes are really easy to access for aftermarket bolts with the telescoping magnet.

I purchased JKS bar pin eliminators and went to install them last night on my 2001 xj. I removed the shock and realized that it has bolts coming down through the body and nuts secured the bar pin. The holes were bigger than the equipment supplied by jks and no threads what so ever. Is this some sort of previous botch job? or did they change the design the last year or 2?

botch job. Just get longer bolts and nuts for the JKS BPE's.

Back