• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE shackle bushings?

ert01

NAXJA Forum User
I have some RE 1.25" lift shackles and the poly bushings are worn out on them... They only lasted a little more then a year :/ I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the bushings on their shackles with OEM style rubber bushings... The factory bushings survived 16 years in my last Jeep and these poly bushings only lasted a year in my new one.

I know the O.D. of the RE poly bushings is 1.25" so I was hoping someone knew of a rubber bushing that was 1.25" OD x 2.5" wide that I could put into my shackles. I don't know what the factory size is and I don't have a stock shackle/bushing to measure off of...

I have poly bushings on my RRO shackles that are worn out as well. I hope someone posts up a suggestion cause I don't want to buy more shackles if they aren't going to last very long again.

i hade the same thing happen to my RE shackle bushings. i too would like a rubber bushing there. even if it does mean a new shackle at this point.

2 possibilities:

First: spring eye bushing for an SJ. Part #: 944870
this is a press in bushing similar to the XJ bushing, but smaller.

Second: spring front eye bushing for a Jeep YJ. Part #: 52002552(2 per spring)
This is a 2-piece bushing similar to the poly inserts, but made of rubber.

Here's a link:
http://www.jeepdoc.com/catalog/prodprnt.asp?id=197

Hope that helps somebody. :D

Back