• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-brake adjustable?

B192734

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if the e-brake on a 2000 sport is adjustable? Or is it one of those self adjusting ones, or just totally not adjustable at all? My driveway is a bit of a hill and I want to make sure that the brake is adjusted properly. I drop a piece of wood under the tire anyway just to be sure, but was wondering if it could be done.

Yes, adjustable both in the drums via the shoe adjustment and the cable where left and right cables join. Yes they are self adjusting but they never really adjust right for my older ones.

The rear shoes should adjust themselves, but that doesn't do it for the E-brake.

The cable adjuster is under the drivers side just inboard of the front spring hanger for the rear leaf. That is to adjust for cable stretch in the E-brake.

The rear shoes should adjust themselves, but that doesn't do it for the E-brake.

The cable adjuster is under the drivers side just inboard of the front spring hanger for the rear leaf. That is to adjust for cable stretch in the E-brake.

Yep, should, but most often do not. The adjusters wear, or become gummed up.

Best bet, manually adjust the rear brakes, then adjust the parking brake.

Back