• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help? i put atf+4 in my aw4

wildcat-xj

NAXJA Forum User
i was at the local napa a few weeks ago and on the advice of a napa employee, i bought aft+4 because "it's a chrysler product", the jeep that is. so i added about a quart over the last few weeks (it's got a leak).

did i mess it up? should i drain it and replace with dex III?

thanks.

BTW, next time you see that Napa Counter Dude, remind him that the Aisin Warner 4 is NOT a Chryco transmission, it was simply used in a Chryco vehicle.

Note: Chryco has contributed to confusion in this matter by "approving" ATF+4 for the AW4 on October 16, 2007. Note that this date is way beyond any warranty for any AW4 used in a Chryco product.

he also said you cant mix synthetic and regular which after doing some research is not true either.
You can mix the 2, but the the dyno oil offsets the effectiveness of the synthetic fluid.
But most say that the Aw4+ syn (esp. atf+4) = no bueno, but I run Amsoil Universal full syn and have no leaks.

Never trust a parts guy, do your iown research. Some guys are outstanding and possess more knowledge than god, but for the most part, for $8/hr, they just say whatever the computer wants them to to get you out of their hair. Independednt parts stores are usually the best.

Back