• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

raybuck floor panels?

z_lindig

NAXJA Forum User
i'm exploring options for my newly acquired jeep cherokee, which has a rotted out right-rear footwell. i've looked at other guys' fixes, and while they may hold just fine, i'm really looking for a perfect, flawless fit; like the rust never happened. a quick google search revealed these guys:

http://raybuck.com/c-54807-repair-panels-jeep-1984-2001-cherokee-xj.html

has anyone had any experience with these? i know that a lot of reproduction panels are not as thick as factory sheetmetal, and i've also thought about heading to the local pull-a-part and hacking out a section of floorboard. thoughts?

I have yet to find any pics of anyone using the Raybuck/Quadratech panels. They look like good quality/fit pieces.

There is another company out there that sells panels for half the cost but they are made on a sheetmetal brake and bead roller. Everyone that has used them says they have to work on them to get the fit right but justify it due to the lower cost.

I'm like you. I want whatever I buy to fit like it was made for my XJ and require little fitting.

I used Raybuck floor panels when I did the floors. The only "rough" part was the outside corners towards the front wheels, and the 2.5" holes were not flat compared to the rest of the panel. Other then that they fit pretty good. Pictures below
DSC_6110.jpg

DSC_6112.jpg

DSC_6118.jpg

DSC_6122.jpg

I used Raybuck floor panels when I did the floors. The only "rough" part was the outside corners towards the front wheels, and the 2.5" holes were not flat compared to the rest of the panel. Other then that they fit pretty good. Pictures below
DSC_6110.jpg

DSC_6112.jpg

DSC_6118.jpg

DSC_6122.jpg

Did you only use the front pans? I wonder if they build in some overlap into the panels if the complete side needs to be replaced, front to rear?

yes, only the front seat forward was bad on my XJ

thanks guys. the fit on those panels looks pretty good! i'll be ripping seats/carpet/console out this weekend to assess the extent of the rust. guess i can't complain too much, as that's the only talking-down point i had when i gave $500 for it!

whitecherokee.jpg

Back