• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake/Exhaust manifold swap ?

RaccoonJoe

NAXJA Forum User
Running a 91 XJ as my DD, the first full year of the HO motor. I've got the usual cracked exhaust manifold, complete with exhaust fumes being sucked into the cabin (especially when sitting at stoplights)

I pulled the motor out of a 97 ZJ (the parts car for the wife), and thought that I could get the 97 ZJ exhaust manifold welded back together and put onto my XJ. I was also hoping to be able to get the intake manifold sandblasted and cleaned up real nice.

The question, then....Can I put a repaired/cleaned 97 ZJ manifold set onto my 91 XJ, without having issues with the ports not lining up properly?

Same or updated exhaust manifold used on HO 4.0L's in 91-99 XJ's, 93-98 ZJ's, 91-95 YJ's, and 97-99 TJ's. The newer ones have dual expansion joints and can be found on E-bay for under $100 shipped to you including gaskets.

Back