• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no heat

ipkyss

NAXJA Forum User
Well I took my xj out to dinner tonight. When I shut it off it seemed like the blower motor and radio stayed on a little longer than normal when the key is turned off. Didnt really think anything of it. Got back in the jeep and the blower motor is not working.

I checked all the fuses, tried changing out control switch, nothing works yet. No blower on any setting. The plug going to the heat control switch is slightly melted, but nothing out of the normal. It seems all the contacts are still good. The plug has I believe 7 pins. 4 small and 3 large. The small wire on the end is ground, and the small green wire next to it has 12 volts, The large wire on the other side of the plug is also a ground. None of the other wires have power or ground. I have no power to the resister under the dash over the passangers feet, or at the blower motor.

Where do I go from here?

I have a 92 XJ and just fixed a similar problem today. I found that 7 pin connector was shorted(actually melted)> I checked the fuse and ahd power, from the panel to the connector is a blk/tan wire which i believe is power and that is where my short was. I totally bypassed the connector and hardwired the a/c contol head to the vehicle. Autozone has wiring diagrams if you register that are free to view and print. After repairing the connection I then had power in all appropriate places on the circuit. Hope it helps.

Back