• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to install new rear wiper arm?

davidcope

NAXJA Forum User
Newbie here guys, so bear with me...

How hard is it to install a new rear wiper arm onto a 96 XJ? I'm borrowing my brother's old ride because my Cavalier DD took a crap a couple weeks ago. The rear arm broke off at the pivot point, and I really need to replace it, the winters around here suck and I kinda need that rear window.

A link to any type of write-up would be just fine, I just have been unable to find anything on an easy replacement guide, and it's been below 0º for a while now, so I can't exactly go outside and play it by ear.

Thanks guys!

Really?

OK,
Remove the hose from where it comes out of the body (twist hose and pull lightly)
On the pivot end of the wiper arm, there is a plastic cover over the end.
Flip it out of the way.
Remove the nut.
Wiggle the wiper arm while pulling it towards you, the arm will come off.

Reverse.

Ron

Our two '96s have the little tab under the pivot, you can't see it unless you look under the hinge, against the shaft. It takes a screwdriver to pry it away slightly from the shaft, while pulling the arm up off the shaft. That's the one I'm most familiar with.

Our two '96s have the little tab under the pivot, you can't see it unless you look under the hinge, against the shaft. It takes a screwdriver to pry it away slightly from the shaft, while pulling the arm up off the shaft. That's the one I'm most familiar with.

same here, It it is a tapered shaft with nut style, a battery terminal/wiper arm revover may help if its seized on there.

Back