• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just bored my throttle need to know something

Dobbs

NAXJA Forum User
Hello just bored my throttle body this morring on a drill press cleaned every thing up .the steep motor was full of carbon and stuff like to never got it clean after I put every thing together and started it I notice my idle went up to about 1200 for 1 to 2 sec then back down to 700 .Took it out on the road I can see a little bit of more throttle respounce. Started it up a fu times and every time it will go to 1200 or so then back to 700 or 750. it never did this before.When I would start it up would go to 700 and stay there. Its this normal to go to 1200 then back down or some thing not right.

Id say keep driving it as is til the ECM re-learn that its not necessary to bump up the idle. OR you may have some leak around the blade

you might go have to go through the process of resetting the ecu so it can fine tune everything from scratch.

ok thanks I have kind of figg this is the way it should do when you first start idle up to 1200 then back down to 700 and stay there .it was because it was so dirty it wasnt work like it should

if you hold the throttle body assembly up to a light and see any considerable light shining between the butterfly and the body housing, then you were a little to zealous with the drill press...

i found this out the hard way and had to get a different throttle body from the JY

I can see a verry faint light around it but could before. And I marked the plate before I statred boring and didnt go to the line.line was still there when finished only after polishing with 600 wet by hand did it remove the line.

The engine revs to 1200 because it is getting too much air at first. It slows back down as the computer closes the idle air control valve to compensate. To stop this you will need to make a larger throttle blade. You should see little or no light past the throttle blade if it fits right.

Also, make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks. Sounds fundamentally stupid, but could easily be overlooked.

Mine had some light shining through when I bored it, but I never had a problem. Give it a few days of driving, and if it still does it, you need a new throttle plate.

The engine revs to 1200 because it is getting too much air at first. It slows back down as the computer closes the idle air control valve to compensate. To stop this you will need to make a larger throttle blade. You should see little or no light past the throttle blade if it fits right.

This.

Make sure the throttle plate stop screw is set correctly.

3/32 allen, back off the screw until it no longer makes contact, then turn it in just enough that you can see the first perceptible movement of the plate--your done.

Give that a try.

Back