• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood scoop.

HotChiliRam

NAXJA Forum User
I've just finished the install of an LM7 Chevy engine in my 1990 XJ Limited, After all the mechanical work is ready, now I'm having problems on building a hood scoop to make the hood fit, now it don't close because the engine is to tall.
Has anyone here done a hood scoop?, any suggestions?

Here's how it looks right now.

100_4464.JPG

Thanks

grab a spare hood and do a cowl style steel hood, cut at the body lines and raise it in the rear

Thats nice! any pic of the underside? did you leave the inner panel?

Hi XJJeeper, I was reading the thread that you sent but that thread is a build up of a different cowl hood than the one you sent the picture.
I think that the one in the picture that you linked can work in my application.. Please tell me where can I check that cowl.

Thank you

Yeah, I know, but I didn't do that, so now I must solve my problem.
For me is not just buy the parts, I need to ship them to Chile wich is very expensive.
If you take your time, you can probably come up with something similar to the cowl hoods shown. Maybe bring the hump up a little more/sooner in the front? Like in this pic, but what if you started to come up closer to the nose?
SmallRF.jpg

Last edited:
Back