• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME front coils

floyd

NAXJA Forum User
Just received a pair of OME front coils for my wifes Cherokee, PN 930, and upon inspecting them one has a sticker with "A" on it and the other has a sticker with "B". There are no instructions in the box and I'm wondering if these are indicating a right and a left coil? I ask because a couple years after buying our xj my wife started driving it daily and didn't like the lift I had put on it right after we purchased it so I had a shop remove it and put the stock springs back on. When they did the tech called the dealership, saying that apparently the stock springs had different rates for right vs. left, and he needed to know which was right and which was left. Is this the case? And if so, which is which on the OME springs? Hoping to get these on over the weekend and would appreciate some verification.

david

Last edited:
The taller coil should go on the drivers side to make up for the drivers weight.

The taller coil should go on the drivers side to make up for the drivers weight.

or is the taller one/heavier spring rate supposed to go on the passenger side to counteract engine torque?

i dont know for sure, but i have equal spring rate coils and i have developed a gangsta lean

there shouldn't be a taller coil

A is driver's side, B is passenger's..........it's just the way OME numbers their springs. I have read some threads on here where the coils were installed in the opposite way, without any noticeable difference.

Thanks for the replies. Fred is correct that there isn't a taller and shorter spring. (Taller springs do not necessarily equal higher spring rate). I'll install them as JRW suggests. I had planned, anyway, to give them a few weeks to settle and then install spacers as necessary to level it out in front. OME advertises these as giving 1.75" lift on a stock Cherokee, and out back I am putting on a set of up country leafs and a JSK shackle which should give me around 2" lift. We'll see where I end up!

there shouldn't be a taller coil

A is driver's side, B is passenger's..........it's just the way OME numbers their springs. I have read some threads on here where the coils were installed in the opposite way, without any noticeable difference.

OK, Well when my buddy had a set of springs for his Honda the one on the drivers side was just a hair taller so I was figuring that was the same on the OME coils. I'll have to look at my OME934's to see if they are labeled the same way.

Some springs are labeled A and B. A is for Australian driver side, so in the US this should go on the passenger side and B should go on the driver side. This is how we do it at work.

I guess that makes sense then.

When I had a question about OME 934 springs that I got used I called ARB USA. They were very helpful. I spoke with Mark Bowers. He was very knowledgeable. When I got the answer from him I knew the information was right.
Here's the Phone Number
Toll Free: (866) 293-9078

Back