• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power locks started working! For 6 hrs.

michael_jnel

NAXJA Forum User
Since I bought my 97 xj back in September the only power lock that worked was the passenger side front. I got in this morning and they were all working, instant joy. I would just lock and unlock them out of the excitement of it, I know that most would do the same. Than I tried them once and I am back to the same issue, only the front passenger is working from either switch. Did I use it all up?

Open up your doors, and look behind the accordian rubber boots to see if you have any broken/cracked/streched wires. I had a buddy have the same issue, I had him check, and sure enough, he had a bunch of broken ones.

Bad wires or grounds.

Agreed that it's probably busted/cracked wires coming f/the drivers side door. If you can remove/cut/slide the rubber boot that hides the wires between your DS Door and Frame... you'll see the bad wiring almost immediately. I've had to fix mine before and it was doing the same thing you mention. Since repairing the wires no-more non-working locks.

Back