• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Noise

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK well, sometimes when im turning a get a poping noise just once threw the turn (on old lift and still with new lift)
Now since the new lift has been put on (two weeks ago), i now get a repetitive popping or w/e in reverse (when giving it a decent amount of gas) but just at first, now just this last time i drove it the same noise is happening when i first acceleration in forward at first. There is no noise if i turn the wheel while its just sitting there, has to be moving,all the bushings are new since the lift. :helpme:

You'll need to feel it, a noise like that usually telegraphs around and is hard to isolate by listening, but you can feel it. Get someone to put the trans in forward and reverse repeatedly and get it to make the noise, while you hold your hand on every component. Once you feel it then you can look closely for slight movement.

We can make a list of things to check, but it won't help you much. Any joint there could be making the noise.

just a shot in the dark... but check unibody under the track bar mount...

i had similar problem and come to pind out my unibody was toast under the mount.....

needless to say ive ahd unibody fixed and reinforced with the jks steering brace system..i also have steering box brace and trackbar brace now.. (along with new rustys OTK steering).. which has a way better track bar system..

now its solid.. and no noise...

good luck..

Back