• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brights

drknyt

NAXJA Forum User
so this is driving me crazy and i cant figure it out! the other day i was driving and i flipped my brights on and they took a few seconds to come on but eventually turned on, so i flipped back and forth for a sec and then they started coming on instantly when i'd do, well the next day i get in and go to hit the brights and nothing! its like the second fillament in both lights when out, i can find a relay or fuse or anything! tried searching and found nothing! has anyone had a similar problem?? also its a 2000 XJ sport, 4.0L, thanks!

I know that on my 85 there is a dimmer switch. It mounts just to the side of, and overlaps the ignition switch. Not sure if its the same on that year. But its worth a look to see if you need a new switch.

It could just be the contacts in your multifunction switch. After sitting a while, my turn signals don't work right until I work the switch a few dozen times. Re-establishes contact and works good then.

Back