• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bars

brandonrob

NAXJA Forum User
I just found out my track bar bushings are toast.... any one have suggestions on a good track bar, aftermarket or should i just get new bushings .... I have been looking at the rocky road trackbar

Based on my experiences with the RE1600 and what I read about the Rusty's, NEITHER of those!

I think my next would be a JKS.

I've had JKS trackbars for several years. I have no complaints, and would do another in a heartbeat. Both of them have used a stock style rubber bushing at the axle end, and a big greasable spherical joint at the frame end.

what track bar do you have? i have the rustys and it has taken close to 100 extra dollars to make it work right. but thats another story..... as far as bushings mine was toasting both sides and it was causing wobble and steering wander because of the play in the rubber bushings. so i had some delrin bushings made along with billet sleeves for the bolt and have been very satisfied. the delrin (carryover from the street racing world) is wayyy stiffer than rubber but it retains its strength really well and the billet sleeves won't open up

Kevin's Offroad (JKS), TnT, or Rubicon Express. Any of those are money well spent. I had the KO on my last rig, and loved it. I have the Rubicon Express on this one and prefer it as I can simply bolt their TB brace right to the mount. You can see the brace running under the oil pan in this pic. This ensures that my setup is as solid as it can be, short of welding the mount to the body.

31061ae5.jpg

actually i just looked it up. its the tera flex thats solid and you dont have to un bolt to adjust.

anybody had any experience with the tera flex track bar? im thinking about replacing my rustys POS model track bar for something els. i really like that you dont have to un bolt it to adjust it

91 Jeep Project

do u have more pictures of your front end... i would show u mine i am a new member and cant post pictures yet ... i have a trailmaster lift and i am looking at a picture of my front end and then yours and it looks totaly diff... anyways....i talked to my machanic today and i was mistaken it is not the track bar bushings that are gone it is the swabar bushings that are gone.... the reason it is at the machanics is cause of a cluncking sound in the front ...he cant seem to pinpoint where or what is causing it....

little red cheroke said:
anybody had any experience with the tera flex track bar? im thinking about replacing my rustys POS model track bar for something els. i really like that you dont have to un bolt it to adjust it

Yep, I had it before I went to my new steering. Great unit, my angles were perfect when I had it. Beefy, solid unit, and adjusts just like the drag link. I'd highly recommend it. You can see it a bit in this picture.

TeraFlexOnRig.jpg

I've been using the "old style" RE1600 w/the RE bracket for about 5 years and have had no problems at all.I' just change the Heim joint every year or so and it has performed great.The RE 1660 extreme duty is also a good unit as well as the TnT trac bar.Using the RE or Tnt bracket makes a difference as it puts it into a "double-shear" configuration.

I am not really taking this rig off road anymore.. i just want to get rid damn frikin clunck in the front... i dont know if my swaybar bushings would cause this or not....

my swaybar bushings went out not long ago and i was having similar problems, right before i was going to replace it i noticed that i was missing a bolt, and had a very loose bolt, where the caliper conects to the spindle. this is what was actually causing my noise. i replaced both the bushings and the spindle and my problem was fixed. but i think i'm having the track bar problems mentioned earlier in this forum now.

Second on the Kevin's (it's a modified JKS bar with a modified stock bracket)

TnT looks pretty beefy too.

a great timely post...my bushings on my track bar are also screwed (and have front end clunck and vibes at +100km/h). my mech suggested that I just get new bushings fitted now (cheaper fix than new track bar), however, I eventually want to go taller and thinking about a new adjustable track bar anyway. if its the swaybar bushings, i wouldnt worry about it for off-road use if you disconnect it anyway.

Back