• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need your input

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
So I've had a slight change in heart. I'm seriously considering the Treks Offroad Rock-Treks Rear Coil Conv Upgrade after seeing some better pics of it.
DSC08631.jpg

DSC08613.jpg

DSC08633.jpg

DSC08636.jpg

DSC08612.jpg

I really like the modular belly pan and rear body side cross member. And as I look at it, when I do finally get the chance to cut the back end off, I can still use the rear cross member, and the belly pan as I planed to go with a dual triangulated 4 link rear anyway, but with about a 3-4" stretch(I'd probably make my own arms then). Sadly I'm not really interested in the y-link front, but I wont be ready to do what I really want to do till I do tons and cut it: 4 link front, triangulated lowers, parallel uppers, full hydro, sort of like so:
TOMMYSBUGGY073.jpg

I'm still waiting to hear from TNT what the price difference would be between the whole upgrade(F/R arms) or just the rear, the belly pan I have will tie into the rear system as is, if I wanted to do just the rear upgrade, and run drop brackets up front. But do I really want to yun such a nice rear set up, and short arms with drop brackets? Or should I go ahead and get the whole thing?

Regardless the rear upgrade would make a great platform to build off of later when I get going crazy with the build. Completely weld in the rear cross member and tie cage work into it, expand off of it to stiffen the rest of the unibody in the rear, once I stretch the rear I'd have to reconfigure the geometry for the 4 link, but all I'd have to do was reposition the mounts on the rear belly pan cross member.

This wouldn't take place until sometime next year when I get back from deployment. But I'm also going to get about $5K in tools when I get back, including a welder, pipe bender, tube notcher, and 2 stage, 5 hp, IR air compressor. So it may not be too long before I start building at least the front exo, and hybrid cage for the center section. By then I should be ready to tackle the rear section, and 4 link front suspension.

After crunching some numbers it would only be about $500 more for the Y-link over the short arm/drop bracket combo. Guess I'm going with the Y-link and rear coil conversion.

Back