• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any downside to doubling coil isolators?

One can assume that since he said "coil isolators" and not "Coil Spacers" that he means the stock isolators.

The only thing I can think of, is that the rubber is not as sturdy as a poly spacer. I stacked 3 of those once to get 1.5" and after a few off-road trips, the bottom spacer, which was much over used, sort of died and that spring didn't sit right. I replaced them with TeraFlex spacers and never looked back.

Ron

My friend does it, works fine. Just don't go overboard and try to get 4 inches of lift out of the isolators.

-Alex
I have seen horror story pictures of that actually. I think cmelo posted them in one of the threads in the NAC forum a few months ago but I don't recall for sure, some idiot had like 5" of their bumpstop tubes covered with stock isolators. It looked like some horrible nightmarish stack of pancakes.

And yeah, it works fine, great if your rig doesn't quite sit level because they are only 5/8" thick so you can adjust pretty closely. The junkyards usually also only charge like 5 bucks a pair for them, at least around here.

I run 2 on each side of my XJ. one set is a little older than the other though and it has started to 'smoosh' out a little more than I would like

Back