• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reverse light switch

whitetrashxj

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know where the reverse switch on a 90xj 5 speed would be? need to replace it or get the switch working so that we can wire up my backup lights properly instead of a switch, never had reverse lights to begin with when i bought my xj so i dont know where it would be, is it just a fuse perhaps?

nick

im sorry but i dont find anything funny about it. why the hell would there be a switch on the clutch pedal? the only thing should be for the brake pedal to the booster, :laugh: if you dont know dont XXXXing post

im sorry but i dont find anything funny about it. why the hell would there be a switch on the clutch pedal? the only thing should be for the brake pedal to the booster, :laugh: if you dont know dont XXXXing post

Get a thicker skin or XXXXing play somewhere else.

No matter. He was right that you should start by checking the reverse switch located on the tranny. Check that it has power on one side of the connector and that its working. Might be a bad switch or dorked wiring. Could also be as simple as the tranny fuse is missing or blown.

If you noticed he's not from America so maybe doesn't have a total handle on the English language but is still trying to help. I don't think he was laughing at you in fact I have read many posts from him in here and has been very cool.
Maybe just a different way of thinking or posting in the Netherlands.

No matter. He was right that you should start by checking the reverse switch located on the tranny. Check that it has power on one side of the connector and that its working. Might be a bad switch or dorked wiring. Could also be as simple as the tranny fuse is missing or blown.

tranny fuse was blown and the wiring for the switch was broken, thanks,

Back