• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Creeking?

AtomicPunk

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98' XJ with a 5.5 inch rubicon lift and Polyurethane bushings. I've heard that poly bushings will creek when you're driving, but how loud do they usually creek? And does it ever break in to the point where it won't make that sound on every turn and bump? Or could there be something else wrong that's making it do that?

I have a 98' XJ with a 5.5 inch rubicon lift and Polyurethane bushings. I've heard that poly bushings will creek when you're driving, but how loud do they usually creek? And does it ever break in to the point where it won't make that sound on every turn and bump? Or could there be something else wrong that's making it do that?

i had some poly shackles, and if i didnt keep them well lubed they would get rediculously loud. any bumps, turns, even just rocking the jeep... i hope the poly joints on yours are greasable

my leafs also creak some, not sure if its the friction pads or the leafs rubbing the leaf clamps. but i keep the shackles greased to keep them as quiet as i can. but the leafs come with rubber bushings, at least my 3.5" leafs did. the shackle has a poly bushing though.

my RE lift came with grease-able joints, but the nipples broke off now im SOL and cant get to them without un-installing the long arms. anybody have any advice?

use an easy out and put in new zerks? i've busted them off my TNT a couple of times, but it wasnt a big deal

Back