• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with spring warp

Racing4funn

NAXJA Forum User
These spring have been on for two weeks. Now they are Rock Krawler and they said that they will send replacements. However, It will just happen again. Now the blocks are part of the Rock Krawler kit and are required for the 8 inch lift.

Im looking for and need some type of Tq arm to eliminate axle twist.

I wheel her hard and this is after the first day of wheeling.
ShowPicture

ShowPicture

second that. you need more support at the axle. XJ springs are notoriously weak. If you don't have other springs then pick up a set of s-10 springs and use the overload

Well if they're sending you new springs, I'm assuming you get to keep these? I'd pull a couple leafs out of the old pack, mix it in with the new one to beef them up a bit. Get rid of the lift block too. Then I'd seriously look into buying or building a traction bar OR at the very least hacking off the stock spring perches and putting some longer ones on.

Looks like you were jumping ravines! Yours is the first XJ i've seen that Bushwackers look good. I second the lose block idea, drop the front to match and bumpstop accordingly. What's the block 1.5-2"?

Those are 36s and already rub some. I cant come off of the 8 inch lift and if I bumpstop more then I lose articulation. taller springs or the blocks will have to stay.

Someone tell me more about traction bar idea. Ive been around racing so I know the function. Dose anyone sell a kit?

Try searching pirate4x4, using "traction bar"--TONs of threads on pros/cons and how-to.

does the kit use a shackle? if it doesn't i would ditch the blocks and replace it with a 2" shackle, my guess is that they use a 6" leaf and a 2" block to accomplish that lift

Back