• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Disc install- Will I lose ABS?

Ghostrider

Member #344
NAXJA Member
OK, I've read nearly all the threads that came up when I searched and though I've seen the question asked, I haven't seen it answered. I've got an '01 XJ with ABS and I'm thinking about putting rear discs on. Whe I do that though, will I lose the ABS? Not sure the increased stopping power of rear discs would make up for the ABS loss. Since this is my DD and I spend a lot of time on the FWY I'm not that interested in the swap if I will lose the ABS since it has saved my a** twice in the rainy/wet when some idiot in front of me made some kind of random move.....

'01 XJ, D35 (yeah, yeah, say what you want but please don't hijack the thread with opinions on the axle!), Tru-trac LSD, NP242

you can retrofit it to work on both Dana 35's and Dana 44's. you will need the tone rings off of the grand cherokee shafts for a Dana 44 and machine to fit or just their whole shafts for the Dana 35 and the tone ring pickups. they plug right in. check out this writeup: http://members.cox.net/nraok/

I am in the process of doing a Dana 44 disk swap, and other members have done a Dana 44 Drum brake ABS swap as well.

worth the work if you ask me.

the zjs had abs. you should be able to use either the zj sensors or your xj abs sensors relocated to the disk backing plate.

Back