• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Reverse cut 5.13 gears?

lol alright guys. i got the point. 5.13s would be the weakest point of the axle. i dont feel like paying for gears/installs every month.

I just installed 4.88's in my 30 and I'm leery to say the least. The pinion is way small. I'll be easy on the throttle until I get some confidence in it. I would not go lower than 4.88

What do you guys think of running 4.56 gears with 38.5 in tires on the 30? I have seen some guys running them on the 30 with stock axles... i have trussed my 30 and will be getting chromoly axles for it and keep it open. Is this asking for disaster?

What do you guys think of running 4.56 gears with 38.5 in tires on the 30? I have seen some guys running them on the 30 with stock axles... i have trussed my 30 and will be getting chromoly axles for it and keep it open. Is this asking for disaster?
Better make sure you have a D35 along with that D30, Nothing else will hold up to 38.5s.:gee:

:roflmao:

All kidding aside, I know my friend wheeled an open 30 untrussed on 37" creepies for a short period.

Destroyed the spider gears, and I don't think he beat on it that hard.

It's for a JK Wrangler Dana 30, Dana redesigned them for the JK so it isn't really a Dana 30, it's more like a Dana 31, but Jeep made them keep the same name. Same thing with the new 44s.

:roflmao:

All kidding aside, I know my friend wheeled an open 30 untrussed on 37" creepies for a short period.

Destroyed the spider gears, and I don't think he beat on it that hard.

One day of wheeling is all it took before I did that...

Back