• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Steering Problem

KJurasek

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed a modified RE lift which gives me somewhere around 6" (or more of lift). The problem I am having is my Currie steering is contacting my sway mount on the passenger side in addition to the steering stabilizer mount on the axle. I can remedy both by cutting them and moving them. But after thinking about it, I am beginning to wonder if this is a "band aid" to a larger problem. I have read a bit about high steering. Is this something I should consider? Looks like I am going to have to change the knuckles.

Let me know if you have come upon this problem.

Let me know your solutions.

Any input is appreciated.

KJ

not to be a total prick, but you do realize that you posted this in the MWC, let alone not even in a tech forum?

Your currie setup should be ok for 6inches. If you go highsteer you dont need to get new knuckles depending on the kit but you will have to still redo swaybar mounts, and steering stablizer mounts. You will also have to move your tracbar mount up ontop of the axle. If i was you i would just take the swaybar off for good and redo the steering stablizer mounts.

Yeah, I was wondering about those posts. Actually, I posted this question a couple of times, but when I went to search on the post I couldn't find it. So I didn't think it was posted. I didn't even think it was posted. Sorry about that.

KJ

Back