• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Keeps Stalling and Shows Code P1694 PLEASE HELP

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
97 Xj 4.0L auto tans
I have searched and nothing I found has anything to do with stalling with this code.
It has allways run fine no issues then all of a sudden this

The scan discription was no ccd received from ecm.

then it says explanation
ecm has not received any ccd messages from the aisin trans module within the ecm.

probable cause
1. ccd bus line open
2. failed ecm

It will turn over and run for acouple of seconds then stall again.After the scan flashed the code and it seems to run better did not stall but I did not want to drive to far and risk it stalling again.

Any info would be great need this to get to work and dont need to brake down on the highway.

Last edited:
Well had to work today so took it to the local mechanic that i use sometimes and it turns out it was crank sensor wires were all chewed up. Damn new I should have just replaced it now it will at leaste 2x what it should:bawl: Hey and Thanks for all the help:sure::doh:

Did you search oem tech? That's generally where things like codes and drivability issues will be found. That probably would've been more helpful to you.

That's a tricky little part to replace as you usually need at least a 24" extension. Course, thats a lot cheaper than what you're gonna pay for labor. Sorry that none of us saw you're original query.

Back