• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me roll up my window?

hupo224

NAXJA Forum User
lol well I was at Rausch Creek today when I gave my door a bang to see if my window decides to work. Well I got it down. Was quite happy for that. Now it wont go back up.

I dont know what the problem or how I should go about fixing this. The window used to work when I gave the door panel a couple of "punches" now it rarely works. I got my window up maybe a 1/16 of the way by bashing on it all evening. Blah any help?

Sounds like you have an intermittent wire in there somewhere, I'd get the DMM out and start tracing.

digital multimeter - I guess you could use a test light or an analog meter just as well. The wire breaks are probably in the spot right at the door hinge where the wiring gets the most exercise. What you can do temporarily is carefully remove the door panel (it's annoying. I forget if you have a pre-97 or a 97+ though, so I'm not going to possibly mislead you with irrelevant instructions) and use a spare battery to manually control the door motor by disconnecting it from the harness and connecting it to the battery. Careful with your fingers and any tools and wires, you should be able to drive the window up by connecting the motor one way and flipping the wires will reverse the motor and roll the window back down.

I have a 97+ Would you mind giving me a bit more detailed instructions for that model. I would really like to get out and do this. I dont have any testers. I do perhaps have my old battery sitting outside which probably has enough juice to roll up my window. Can I use 2 paper clips to perhaps complete the circuit to the harness?

I don't know much about the 97+ ones, tbh my method is usually "yank on it till it pops off" for those because I only see em in the junkyard :( Glad I didn't mislead you with pre-97 instructions though.

Blah it's all good I'm sure someone will chime in. Let's play the waiting game lol. Hopefully I wont get robbed haha j.k

other_awesomenessShiftyEyes.gif

Pull the window switch out and look at the connectors. For the left front the wire colors are white and light blue on pins 12 and 5 respectively. Rock the switch to the UP position and then apply 12V to light blue, pin 5. If that works the switch is bad. Don't power it with the switch plugged in without actuating the switch to up or you'll short it out.

Or you can just unplug the socket from the switch altogether and power one and ground the other to roll up or down.

lol well I was at Rausch Creek today when I gave my door a bang to see if my window decides to work. Well I got it down. Was quite happy for that. Now it wont go back up.

I dont know what the problem or how I should go about fixing this. The window used to work when I gave the door panel a couple of "punches" now it rarely works. I got my window up maybe a 1/16 of the way by bashing on it all evening. Blah any help?

Window regulator would be my guess. That is what mine did. Get inside the door panel and unbolt the motor from the regulator and slide it up then put the motor back in and get you another regulator from a salvage yard.

Got the window up by disconecting the motor from the regulator. I cant lock my driver door now though. The 2 thumb screws that hold in the actual "door hinge and lock button" have stripped the plastic out. So I cant even mount that right so my door wont lock now :(

You should be able to manually lock/unlock that door by pulling/pushing the steel rods that link the door handle to the actual mechanism. Also if you have electric locks you should be able to just hit the lock button on any door to lock all doors.

No the electronic locks lock all doors except for mine. I suppose I can just take that cover off and let the rods hang out so I can even more manually open the door and lock my doors. Let's see lol.

Back