• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle angle help-plz

stevieb

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys
took a pack of leaf springs in to have them reset today and the guys there added a leaf to support what was already there as they sagged prematurely after installing them only recently. the bowed ("U" shape) the springs a little to much.
the problem i have now is that the shackles are slightly angeled inwards towards the front. i have a big run this weekend and can't afford not being there so taking them out till Monday is out of the question. I don't think they will settle so far as for the shackle angle to come right again.

the question is>>> can i drill new holes for the upper mounting points a little closer to the front to minimize the angle. i can then just put in a new bolt in the chassis frame.

i am just scared i invert the shackle and spring and hurt something when it happens. i know it will be lots of work but i intend opening the chassis rails anyway for my new rear bumper mounts anyways.

help would be much appreciated as i don't have much time for a quick remedy.

Last edited:
You mean you want to redrill the frame to move the shackle forward? No, not without ALOT of work... What is your shackle angle now? Have any longer shackles laying around?
You have a few options;
Make new upper mount, lots of work.
Search for shackle relocation brackets and either build or buy that.
Run longer shackles and raise the rear some.
Build or buy new spring pack to your requirements.

Back