• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Potential buyers, D30/C8.25 geared to 4.56:1

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing my stock axles in the next few weeks and was wanting to see if anyone here was wanting to purchase the stock ones before they get thrown on ebay. Here are the specs:

Rear axle is a 1999 Chrysler 8.25 with an open diff, geared to 4.56:1 with about 10,000 miles on them without a problem. Its the 29 spline version, so its a good replacement for early 90's style 8.25's with 27 spline shafts. It has drum brakes that probably could use new pads and it will be sold with all e-brake cables still attached.

Front axle is a 1999 HP D30 with knuckle steering arms drilled straight through to 3/4" for an OTK set up. It is an open diff and is geared to 4.56:1 wit about 10,000 miles on them, like the rear axle. It will need a new track bar mount and depending on how you work it, a passanger spring bucket. The bucket could be repaired, but I'm replacing the axle so its not worth my effort. The lower control arm mounts are slightly tweaked on the lower tips but don't appear to be destroyed. Both upper control arm mounts are in good condition and the front of the passanger side mount is plated for strength. It has recently had the ball joints changed on it (within the past 5,000 miles) but could use new u-joints. The rotors and pads could be changed, but you can get by with just turning the rotors and just getting new pads. Both calipers are in good condition. The unit bearings appear to be in good condition (no visible play), but I've been running 35's on them, so take it for what its worth.

I'd like to get either $500 for them both but I'm willing to take offers. I will help with delivery if you're nearby and I'd prefer not to ship, but will pallet them up on your dime. Let me know if you're interested in the next few weeks because when I pull them, they're gonna go on ebay if not already claimed!

Back