• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Control ARM bushings?

jeepxjre

NAXJA Forum User
I have an re 5.5 on my xj. very happy with it other than started hearing a "thump" did the usual inspection, and the control arm bushing are split in half and about to break, allowing axle travel. does anyone know if antother brand of bushings will fit? or do i have to contact re for a new set, if so how much would they be? im sure some of you have had this experience. thanks

I work at a Offroad shop we sell the pants off of RE lift kits, never having any problems with their product. Until recently we had complaints of bushing failure just like you are having. The company told me that they out sorced the bushings to a company. They failed to make them to RE specs, now RE is replacing all the bushings to those who are having failure. Call them and they will send you a new set of rubbers where ever you need them.

I work at a Offroad shop we sell the pants off of RE lift kits, never having any problems with their product. Until recently we had complaints of bushing failure just like you are having. The company told me that they out sorced the bushings to a company. They failed to make them to RE specs, now RE is replacing all the bushings to those who are having failure. Call them and they will send you a new set of rubbers where ever you need them.

yep... i have bushing failure on my arms and tracbar... not very happy about it. hopefully they will replace mine even though they are on the TNT kit

my RE LCA bushings are also failing. cracking up. i will call

I bought my RE LCAs in 2002 or 2003, and the bushings went bad in less than a year. Took it to a reputable shop that told me the stock bushings would work just fine as a replacement - those 6 year old bushings are just now starting to make a little noise. If the newer RE LCAs accept OEM bushings, I'd recommend them based on my experience. Has RE been consistently spec'ing poor quality bushings, and blaming some "vendor" for 6+ years?

I bought my RE 4.5 kit about a year ago and the bushings had split long ago. I finally got a new set and installed them in August and they are already cracked just like before, after only a trip to OBX and two wheeling weekends. These bushings were on my dime, I didn't know about the bad bushings until after and RE didn't tell me of course. This time I'll be calling them back and asking for free bushings that are the good ones. Can't wait to get longarms...

I bought my RE 4.5 kit about a year ago and the bushings had split long ago. I finally got a new set and installed them in August and they are already cracked just like before, after only a trip to OBX and two wheeling weekends. These bushings were on my dime, I didn't know about the bad bushings until after and RE didn't tell me of course. This time I'll be calling them back and asking for free bushings that are the good ones. Can't wait to get longarms...

definitely call... i have a set of replacements on the way... they are back-ordered though, a week or more. the trackbar bushing was apparently not affected by the recall, so i guess those just wear out in less than a year normally?

I have a RE4.5 superflex and all of my bushings are blowed out. I ordered new ones on my dime and they still havn't got them in yet. And of course they didn't tell me about this either. I think i am going to call and complain and try to get replacements for free before i get billed.

Back