• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re6030 question...

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
So I got the RE 6030 kit about a month ago. I finally found a garage that I can use to install the lift kit. My question is, do I need a spring compresser for the installation or should I be fine without it? It is going on saturday morning, is there anything else I would need? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is no need for a spring compressor. Take off your break calipers (leaving the break lines connected), unbolt or remove trackbar (not sure if the 6030 comes with a longer one), unbolt drivesahft from the front axle, that should enable you to drop the axle enough to change out the springs. If not, you might have remove some control arms. (you will have to do that anyway to replace with the ones that come with the kit.
I installed the RE6200 5.5 inch a good while back and did not need a spring compressor. Start spraying all the bolts on your Jeep with PB Blaster everyday not forgeting the rear shock upper bolts. It can be done with hand tools but air tools make it much easier and faster. I installed mine in a day by myself.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the info. I just went drinking with a bunch of my buddies in the woods last night. The rear tires were rubbing real bad (the suspension is shot). It was the first time I was driving with a full jeep. They all agreed that I needed to install my lift asap and my buddy said I could use his garage. I have about 5 people that are willing to lend their "expertise". It should be an interesting installation seeing as it is my first. :D

I used a spring compressor for my lift and I was glad I had it. It made the install go way faster and I didn't have to unbolt the driveshaft or the control arms. This kept the axel centered so I could do the arms one at a time. I disconnected the sway bar and took the shocks off. I think the one I rented from autozone took a 3/4" socket. Rent a 1/2" impact if you don't already have one.

wall04 said:
I used a spring compressor for my lift and I was glad I had it. It made the install go way faster and I didn't have to unbolt the driveshaft or the control arms. This kept the axel centered so I could do the arms one at a time. I disconnected the sway bar and took the shocks off. I think the one I rented from autozone took a 3/4" socket. Rent a 1/2" impact if you don't already have one.

RE6030 uses new lower control arms and you have to disconnect the trackbar to modify it's mount position. Oh yeah, you're also disconnecting shocks anyway...so all that leaves is taking off the calipers. No spring compressors necessary. The springs are a cinch to install.

when I did mine I didn't use a compressor either. I did drop the shocks out to be replaced and dropped the lca's and track bar. I didn't drop the driveshaft. The kit with 2 friends helping me took 5 hours. Air tools are a big help as well as having the right u bolts. I got the wrong ones sent to me and had to run all over town trying to find ubolts to put my dd back together till the right ones came in. Spray the bolts with PB blaster everyday and should be no problems. I didn't have one broke bolt.

Back