• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my xj wants a lift

hookedonxjs

NAXJA Forum User
It's an 99 with np231 auto 6.0 with 8.25 and 132000 miles on it.Would like some ideas to get the thing up around 4"and run 31's.Knowing nobody makes the best lift.could use some help to put together a hybred lift for around a grand.Or should I drink more koolaid?

hahaha Good deal.

To run 31's you only need a 3in lift. maybe even a 2in with some rubbing.

if you have a G you want to spend on lift and Tires you should be right in the ball park. Consider Rubicon Express or Old Man Emu.

You could get something nice then... This is what I would do then. The Rubicon Express Super Flex. and then Transfer case drop try to get Shims and SYE would probably be Best but I don't know if you NEED it.

Figure out how high you want to end up, make a list of the parts you'll need, and then research each one for whatever is best.

For 4-6" range you'll need rear springs, front springs, adjustable LCAs, adjustable UCAs, adjustable track bar, shock absorbers, swaybar disconnects and brake hoses. You'll probably also want to replace the tie rod, stabilizer, bumpstops, bushings and hardware.

So far far I'm likin the re6025 with re trackbar,adjustible LCA's with re monotube shock set up for around 975.00 clams from 4x4 groupbuy.But also like OME coils and leafswith spacers and shackles withe RE trackbar and adj.LCA's and Bilstein 5150,but don't know if OME934 coils with CS035A leafs are the ones plus what size spacers and shackles I need to get 3 1/2"-4" lift. Theres a 4WD warehouse near by and thought I could put the raw components and save the shipping

for a grand i like the RE SuperFlex 3.5" w/ full packs, t-case drop, and track bar. when i got it, it came out to like $1,067 shipped and had everything i needed.
the products ive gotten from dirk (DPG) have been good quality, but i dont have any experience with his suspension packages

I should have stated my 99 xj with 4.0,auto,np231 and 8.25 wants a lift with 31" that dosen't rub,wobble or vibe.Using the the least amount of money and quality parts for around a grand.Now should I open a Koolaid

if you live in an area that gets road salt regularly you should buy new bolts for anything you'll be removing - it's worth it for the peace of mind alone. Exact OEM replacements for the whole rear end of my lift job cost me about $50 total.

I should have stated my 99 xj with 4.0,auto,np231 and 8.25 wants a lift with 31" that dosen't rub,wobble or vibe.Using the the least amount of money and quality parts for around a grand.Now should I open a Koolaid

If I could do it again I would have gone for the 4" OME set up from DPG off road or the RE 3.5 kit with OME shocks. I would have also ordered a SYE and put it all in at the same time.

If your jeep is anything like mine your gonna need a SYE.

Back