• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ won't start

Mavros

NAXJA Forum User
I was running some wires through the firewall and behind the dash for an electric fan. Now the jeep wont start and the headlights and tail lights are flashing. It has spark and is getting gas. In the area I was running the wires behind the dash, there is a little black box that says security on it with a red wiring harness attached to it. The box it self is ckicking as well as the relays for my lights. The engine cranks and then sputters for a second or two then dies. Almost like a safety device is causing it to shut down. Also his lights are flashing with or without the key on. As long as the battery is hooked up the lights start going crazy. I think I may have hit something on or around that box that is casuing my problems. Is there some kind of reset button or something that I need to do in order to get my jeep running again? I do not have an alarm system and its a 92 with power windows and doors.

there is a little black box that says security on it with a red wiring harness attached to it. The box it self is ckicking as well as the relays for my lights. The engine cranks and then sputters for a second or two then dies. Almost like a safety device is causing it to shut down. Also his lights are flashing with or without the key on. I do not have an alarm system and its a 92 with power windows and doors.

Quote:I do not have an alarm system.

Hallo. I think you have one!

'92 XJ:kissyou:

X2 you just said the box said security on it. And you do not think you have an alarm. It has some type of alarm on it. You basically described the standard disable feature on an alarm. lights flashing with no key, starts for a second then dies. So yes you have some type of alarm.....

Back