• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculiner drying time?

Thanks for the help. Does anyone know if herc will stick to the Heat shield/sound dampener sheets? Its the silver stuff thats glued to the floor. I tried to get one up and boy are they stuck down good.

It will stick pretty well. But not as bad as when rust sticks to it.

~Scott

When I did it, it took about 3 3 1/2 hours to dry. Then put a second coat on and let that dry all night. Just make sure you preped good. And take your time doing it. Also if you get any on you arms or fingers it takes days for it to come off lol, wear gloves.

When I did it, it took about 3 3 1/2 hours to dry. Then put a second coat on and let that dry all night. Just make sure you preped good. And take your time doing it. Also if you get any on you arms or fingers it takes days for it to come off lol, wear gloves.

good advice. I did it when it was cold and it wouldn't dry, I had to set up a heater in the car on an ext. cord.

It should, just pay attention to what your doing lol. O and if any of it drips onto your garage floor or riveway it takes forever to go away lol. A few drops fell onto my driveway and are still there a month later.

So i finished the Herc job and everything came out great. I busted my A$$ prepping so it better stay a long time. As for the Herc on the driveway. For anyone that has Herc/Oil/Grease on their driveway I have a fix. Go to home depot and get a paint eater disk. Wet the area with water and literally sand it away. I dripped some Herc on mine while doing it and after it dried it hit it with water and the sanding disk and it went away. Same thing works for oil.

So how did it stick to the heat shield/sound dampener sheets?

I'm planning to do mine within the week and am prepping now. I started to take one of the sheets out and damn was it a pain. If I could leave the rest on that would be awesome.

Also, how did you remove the rubber fire wall mat? Did you just cut what you could get to out or is there an easy way to remove the whole thing?

Thanks

Back