• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fog light problem

HuntMarsh

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm still in the process of overhauling my '90 xj, and while it's not the biggest problem, it's the only one i can't figure out, and i'd say its bugging me the most. i'm really confused about the stock fog light set up. cannot get them to come on at all. to the left of my steering wheel, i have two switches, a rear wiper, and an unlabeled one. i'm assuming this is for the fog lights, right?

both bulbs are brand new, so i know thats not the problem. as far as the fuse, i cannot identify which fuse actually controls the fogs. ive got the haynes manual, but it does not include a fuse diagram of all things. anybody know where to find one, or know which fuse i'm looking for? are there any common wiring problems associated with the lights at all? i'm getting frustrated as no other with this problem and i just want it out of the way. any help is greatly appreciated, guys.

thanks-hunt

The "unlabeled" switch you were saying is the fog light one. My Jeep needs new housings for the lights because it turns out that rust ate a hole through them and stuff and the tips of the wires that connect to the thing to power the bulb is either corroded or loose. Probably loose.

So, if the fuse is not the problem, you might want to have the fog lights itself checked out.

Back