• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okay, what's missing from this pic?

WrenchMonkey

NAXJA Member #771
NAXJA Member
winch01.jpg

winch02.jpg

(And yes, for the forum police, there will be a bit of tech in this...
Just as soon as we play my little guessing game!)

Robert

proper tie in to the "frame?"

something to actually tie the hood down to?

Where to start?!!

The grill and headlight escussions are missing.

Where exactly are the cable clamps or swage holding the winch cable loop together? I see a split rubber hose with cable ties, but no swage (crimpy thingy).

I alread found the Winch Controller connector ( Drivers side grill beside winch). He must have the control box under the hood. Not unheard of, but more trouble than many folks take.

Ron

Looks like a photo chop to me, look at the rear bar of the M8000. Either the grill has been chopped in or the winch has been chopped in.

nah if you look in the second pic the bumper slat thingys are cut to let the winch sit in there

proper tie in to the "frame?"

amr22mount_didr.jpg

Can't see the jeep emblem?:dunno:

Somthing a little more technical than that...

something to actually tie the hood down to?

No, the pins work pretty well, thanks...

Where to start?!! The grill and headlight escussions are missing.

Escussions? Okay, sure... But that's not it...

Where exactly are the cable clamps or swage holding the winch cable loop together? I see a split rubber hose with cable ties, but no swage (crimpy thingy).

Yeah, it's inside the hose. Just something to protect the rollers a little.

I alread found the Winch Controller connector ( Drivers side grill beside winch). He must have the control box under the hood. Not unheard of, but more trouble than many folks take.

Well, I'd never heard of it, I thought it was pretty novel.

I was pretty proud of it:
winch04.jpg

Keeps it up, out of the way... Nice n dry, and keeps from blocking a good third of the radiator...

Robert

missing a piece of your header, upper passenger side

and the rest of the bumper. looks like you took a winch plate and made a box around it

could be that the grill guard was made first then cut to fit the winch in

Exactly what happened...

And I know most of the front of the jeep is missing...

It was the relocated solenoid pack that I was trying to show off about.

Robert

ah, ok, nice

but you are planning on fixing the front bumper right? as it stands now, if you hit anything, your engine is toast

a tap for the kegerator?

That looks to be a WARN winch mount, I saw one on a local XJ today. It should be a very good mount. I still do not see whats missing that has to be there.

Is it bigger than a bread box?

Is it a factory item?

Is it a safety item?

Does it have something to do with your winch install?

Ron

Back