• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper control arm mount question

johngus

NAXJA Forum User
Did some upgrades to my D30 today and realized the upper control arm mount (one on the tube) is broken at the bushing. i am looking for aftermarket options to replace it. All suggestions welcome.

It looks like everything is stock parts, the Currie idea would be a little much. If it were mine I'd pull the axle out of the vehicle and try to line the piece back up ,with the bushing removed prep the crack and weld it all back together. I'd also plate in the open section of that bracket while I was in there.

Get a stock bracket from the junkyard or from somebody disposing of a LP D30 housing. Replace the the bracket and then cut some sheet metal to box in the open side of the housing.

Or, you can buy some appropriate size and thickness rectangular steel tube and fab up your own bracket.

Thanks for the repair advice Tim Mn and bdiamond. The previous owner of this axle repaired the mount once already and welding the bushing in. I have upgraded almost every part of this front end except the upper mounts and the brake setup. are the LP D30 mounts stronger then the HP's.

Back