• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PowerTrax Lock Right in front

mxracer5647

NAXJA Forum User
i want to put the lock right in my dana 30 in front. will it still lock in 2wd? how loud will it be in 2wd? or will i not even notice it. i use my jeep as a daily driver

only locks when under load, so no effect in 2wd.
X2. I rarely even hear mine click unless I listen for it.

I will mention it is interesting if you lock the brakes up, especially if only one side grabs. I had to slam mine on when I was cut off in the rain the other day, and it almost sounded like my axle was coming out from under the truck! Still stopped in time, and no damage was done, but be prepared just in case.

I will mention it is interesting if you lock the brakes up, especially if only one side grabs. I had to slam mine on when I was cut off in the rain the other day, and it almost sounded like my axle was coming out from under the truck! Still stopped in time, and no damage was done, but be prepared just in case.

I've noticed the same thing a couple of times. Otherwise no problems. JIM.

Wow, haven't heard this kinda thing before, but I can see it happening and I'm not liking it. I'm slamming on my brakes all the time during my commute to and from work because of retarded drivers on the beltway. Definitely going to wait until I can afford a selectable for the front.

Wow, haven't heard this kinda thing before, but I can see it happening and I'm not liking it. I'm slamming on my brakes all the time during my commute to and from work because of retarded drivers on the beltway. Definitely going to wait until I can afford a selectable for the front.

I've never had it happen on wet pavement, only on ice or hard packed snow. JIM.

While this is a noisy thing when it happens, it does not effect steering or braking effectiveness. It happens when one wheel slows but the other doesn't. It can cause wear of the locker if it happens alot but there's no other problem.

While this is a noisy thing when it happens, it does not effect steering or braking effectiveness. It happens when one wheel slows but the other doesn't. It can cause wear of the locker if it happens alot but there's no other problem.
I agree, it just sounded bad and didn't effect the actual stopping. No damage done other than maybe a couple odd looks from the folks at the gas station next to where it happened ;) It certainly wasn't bad enough to warrant paying for a selectable!
I will note I have had some form of auto locker in the front of my Jeeps for years, with only a couple of these incidents... don't let my first post scare you into spending more than you need to!

what happens if you have the auto locker in front in 4x4 on snow? is it just noisy or is there problems driving

Squirly steering. If you applying any gas in a turn on snow/ice its hard to steer...Not trying to be a hater with lunch box lockers I would run one in the back just not in the front.

Back