• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Lower Control Arm Question

MadPikAvenger

NAXJA Forum User
So all of my control arm bushings needed replacing. I had the LCA bushings replaced by a mechanic friend of mine and the UCA bushings replaced a couple weeks later at a shop near my house. The shop noticed the tell tale "clunk" when applying the brakes in reverse and checked over everything again. They found that there was play in the LCA's and tried to tighten them up but were unable to. I have the 3.5" RE Super Ride lift and this is the second set of bushings for the LCA's and the clunk has been there the whole time. Have you guys had any similar problems or possible suggestions of what could be wrong? Thanks.

So all of my control arm bushings needed replacing. I had the LCA bushings replaced by a mechanic friend of mine and the UCA bushings replaced a couple weeks later at a shop near my house. The shop noticed the tell tale "clunk" when applying the brakes in reverse and checked over everything again. They found that there was play in the LCA's and tried to tighten them up but were unable to. I have the 3.5" RE Super Ride lift and this is the second set of bushings for the LCA's and the clunk has been there the whole time. Have you guys had any similar problems or possible suggestions of what could be wrong? Thanks.
I have a RE long arm kit and had the same problem. I don't know how long ago you got your lift but I called RE and they said that their vendor made a batch of bad bushings. They sent me out all new upper and lowers last Friday and I replaced them all this weekend. My jeep has never ridden so quietly since I lifted it. I don't know when they sold all the bad bushings but I do know that around a year ago they where bad so. I am not sure if this info helps but so far so good for mine. Good luck.

i got mine about a year ago and my bushings are also going bad. i think RE will be getting a call soon. s7tech, did you order directly from RE?

ok but i contact RE directly about replacements right
I called RE direct and they told me to go though my vendor. So if you bought it from RE then contact them. If you bought it somewhere else then contact them.

Back