• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can anyone identify these lca's?

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i cant give you the exact length but the owner told me they are RE LCA's with the RE 4.5" coils. i dont doubt him, but they were said to be adjustable too which i dont believe they are. my thing is, they are pretty noisy and when hitting the brakes in reverse you can hear the play somewhere in the lca's as well as going off road, every little bump you can hear/feel. just wondering if they need to be rebuilt or what so if they do id like to know who makes them so i can send them off.

any help would be greatly appriciated. if you need further pictures i can snap some. they were 3 different colors so i painted them to better match my xj...
(yes i wiped grease on the bushings and grease zerks before i painted it)

LCAs.jpg

like... they got slop somewhere i wanna say in that joint with the 2 grease zerks maybe im just being picky because my stock lca's were big ol' fat soft rubber bushings lol

dont get me wrong they work fine to my knowledge, i dont think i got jipped or screwed on the deal. i just dont want to call RE,explain my case, send them off and them be like um, we didnt make these lol

Did you tighten them down all the way when you loosened that? They didnt have any noise on mine at all. Also what i told you is what i was told from the person i bought them from. if you dont want them ill buy them back

Did you tighten them down all the way when you loosened that? They didnt have any noise on mine at all. Also what i told you is what i was told from the person i bought them from. if you dont want them ill buy them back

no i still want them, they fixed my shimmy i think =) like i said before im happy with the purchase. and i'll try the tightening them up tighter first but like you said the owner said they were RE, i didnt think there was any harm in confirming the original owner.

whats the extra nut welded on for? theres another thing that looks like a 2nd zerk fitting on the one on the right?

theres a zerk for each bushing, then a 3rd zerk for the tube, the nut has a threaded bolt that goes inside that has a V tip that slides into a notch that allows the control arm to twist like a flex joint but it is not threaded inside, just a notch that the bolt slides into (kinda like a bolt, meaning no head just a slit on top for a flat headed screw driver)

Im going to have to say those are not RE. I could be wrong but I have never seen an RE arm with a bend in it or a nut welded to the side. Unless its a much older version of what they have now, RE doesnt even use those type of bushings in both ends of their arms.

Skyjacker:dunno:

Back