• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no start has me stumped

trippled

NAXJA Forum User
92 cherokee 4.0 aw4. yesterday i went to start her up and fired up for about 2 seconds then died. didnt bother me too much does every once in a while, but this time it just cranked and cranked and cranked. checked cps, and i was sure it was bad. put a new distributor and no change (luckily i needed a new one anyways). put a known good CKP in it, no change. i have checked both of these sensors. good 5v input sensor wire has 0.0 ohms to PCM for both, good grounds. ignition coil has 12v supply. primary windings have about 1 ohm, secondary have 6.9 K ohms. i realize this is slightly lower than specified, but i am not convinced this is the problem. its been running great up until this. all connectors seem in good condition. as far as i can tell there is no spark but i was checking this in bright sunlight with a screwdriver in the coil wire up next to the cap tower. i might try checking this differently tonight. fuel pump is priming and i have pressure and fuel spray at the test port.

have i overlooked something or is the problem staring me in the face? im unsure where to go from here and the last thing i can think of is the coil or the PCM. what do you guys think?

yes im sure the distributor is right. i scribed the the block with the metal rotor end perpendicular to it when i took it out, exact same when i out back in. i tried to check the spark earlier but it was bright and hard to tell. i checked in twice and could swear it had no spark from the coil but i was going to check it again now thats its night

Back