• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need your help gentleman, can you check to see if a driveshaft is bent

VTEK1

NAXJA Forum User
Okay 99 XJ heavyduty leafs (roughly 2 inch budget lift.) stock front end. 4.0, 125,000 miles. I replaced the u-joints in the front, the wheel bearing on the front passenger side (driverside this wkend) and then I did the leafs about a week or 2 ago. Thought that would get rid of my vibrations on the highway but it's weird. When I start driving the jeep it's fine, then around 30 I feel like the area right under the seat is starting to vibrate. Like the driveshaft is outta whack. The pinion angle is pretty much 0 degrees I'm thinking about putting the shims in to really make it dead 0 but I want to figure out why it's still got vibrations. Another thing is I think one of the rims might be a little bent but not a lot. Would just a little bend in the rim create the vibrations I'm feeling on the highway?? How can you check if the driveshaft is bent, if you even can.

A bent rim will completely ruin your ride.

To get the rims checked, take it to a little tire place (not WalMart) and tell them you think you have a bent rim.

I had a bent rim on my Subaru that shook the hell out of it. The guy put it on his machine and it made that machine do a dance.

check bent DS by removing and looking down the shaft, like checking a piece of 2X4, or a pool que. I suppose if you had a 4ft level, that would check it too.

got a nice little shimmy and a shake when I get up to highway speeds in the steering wheel. But why do I only get the vibration when I'm applying the throttle. thanks for the input

Back