• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New shocks question

Jeepxj1996

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Everyone,

I am a new member and I have a 96 sport. For the kind of off road things I do at the moment i dont need a lift just yet but hopefully soon. My question is that i need new shocks and I wanted to see if anyone could recomend a good high quility off road shock. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Carl

I run Rancho RS-9000's, which are adjustable. They work great. The Rancho RS-5000's are the same thing, only not adjustable. I've run Pro Comp ES-3000's in the past too, but they were fairly stiff, and when the weather got below freezing, they'd freeze up and hardly move at all, making it feel like I was riding in a tank.

Keep in mind that, according to Monroe engineers (I asked), stock length shocks are good for up to a 2" lift (a "budget boost," in other words). If you see a lift in your future, rather than investing in expensive shocks now that will not be useful after you lift, buy budget shocks now and treat 'em as throw-aways.

Back