• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat mounting

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
so i just got a killer deal on this rugged ridge seat. it has no hardware and im looking to mount it in my XJ as soon as i can get a matching one to have a set. could i get some advice on doing so? i searched on here and found nothing even google searched, but i dont drive a TJ so that didnt help either. if anyone has a write up, or some link to a hidden write up, or jsut the know how that would be nice.

thanks
-Ian

What year is your XJ? Good luck finding how to mount it. I've had $$ in my account ready to buy some new Suspension Seats and NONE of the manufacturers I've contacted so far (everyone I could find a contact for... ) have anything to bolt in to my '96 XJ. Most appear to be made to mount into a cage or off-road only type of set up.

Let me know if you find anything please. I'll do the same.

Corbeau made me buy some $70 adapter that I could have fab'd up in ten minutes. If I had to start over I'd build one from scratch.

Id say your probably going to have to fab some up.Interestingly the brackets they sell for those seats look alot like the late XJ mount.
36504-md.jpg

i fabbed a set of brackets to use with my prelude seats i mounted them on my stock sliders. i just used a serious of angle iron and 1x1

When everyone says to "fab some up" would that involve welding?? I'm not a welder so that makes fabbing them up nearly impossible for me.

yes. you "could" drill and bolt it all together. but that would take time.

If they are standard Recaro/Corbeau bolt pattern you can use a set of Corbeau brackets. You would have to call Rugged Ridge to get that answered. www.corbeau.com

Corbeau made me buy some $70 adapter that I could have fab'd up in ten minutes. If I had to start over I'd build one from scratch.

Yeah but theirs had that pretty powdercoating! Just saw your post after I made my suggestion. :looser: Though I must admit the Corbeau brackets look better than the Rugged Ridge ones in the other pic.

If they are standard Recaro/Corbeau bolt pattern you can use a set of Corbeau brackets. You would have to call Rugged Ridge to get that answered. www.corbeau.com

If you look at the pic you will see that they are not the std suspension seat mounting!

Back