• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

taurus fan install

smilesyota

NAXJA Member #1366
Hello, I'm trying to install a taurus fan. I would like to have the fan come on automatically, with a factory style fan switch that threads into the coolant passage. I'm trying to find a switch that turns on at about 190-200 any help would be appreciated.

I have not seen any after market temp switch that threads into any part of the cooling system. All the ones I've seen either tap into the radiator hose or sit in between the radiator fins.

It would be cool to fab something up. The t-stat housing seems like it would be too small to tap into..

hmmmm

you know the amp draw on the taurus fan right ? I just put mine on a switch and let it run all the time unless i was going into deep water ... ran my 383 SBC at 185-190 all day long . and that was in a 6000lb truck .

on the 5.9 ZJ they use a tube that the upper rad hose clamps to then has a threaded bung for the sensor; basically cut your rad hose and this would fill the gap.

I run a taurus fan and just used two 40amp relays, no issues with the relays

yeah it was a single 30 .. i learned the hard way if you leave the fan off and let it freespin on the highway it builds up current like a turbine , and when you hit the switch it fries the relay , you can either set it to send the current to ground first , or put in a reverse blocking diode . or just leave the sucker on all the time except for water crossings

Back