• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help... Is this locker toast? (Large Pics)

fiyerbirdie

NAXJA Forum User
I think this locker was installed improperly before I got it. These pins are not in correctly ..... Right? It was sold to me in the carrier and I think I know why now. Is it toast? Rebuild kit?

CIMG2015.jpg

CIMG2016.jpg

I think the stamp on the 2nd pic is fitting. :bawl:

I don't think its toast, but it does need to be taken out, and replacements for those pins should be found.
loc-rite, aussie, whoever makes that one, contact them and get new pins (maybe springs too just in case they got screwed) put it all back together and you could be ok.

It's definitely not right. You need to disassemble it and reinstall correctly. Looks like you need new pins too.

Looks like it was installed out of spec for the spacing between the two halves. Thats an important measurement with these types of lockers. You should be able to get an installation manual from the company who made it.

It doesnt look good,but the only way to tell is to take it apart and inspect it.

I need help, I can't push these sideways chunks of pins in. BUT....I need them to go in in order to rotate the locker halves so I can take them out and remove the locker.

How do I get them out?

Cutoff wheel? Pry bar?

Anything I can think of is going to damage the rest of it.

Any advise?

try taking the ring gear off and removing the cross pin. then remove the springs out from under the remaining pins pieces. that may give you a little slack to get the chunks to turn and fall back in place. if not the a cutoff wheel would be my next suggestion.

Back