• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper shock mounts

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Will a regular JKS stud eliminator hold up to a Fox shock? Im mainly concerned if the heim would bolt up or if there isnt enough clearance for the heim housing. The say they accept common eye ring or hourglass style bushings but say nothing about a heim. Same way with T and J. I would just call but they are closed and Im curious haha They list all the major shocks brands except Fox...

Looks like it should work.. Have trouble with them backing off from the body? Ive had a set and I know of others that didnt like them because the nut always liked to loosen up and back off.

I have the JKS mounts with the fox shocks. It all fits together just fine. I have problems with mine, the nut constantly backing off. They worked ok for about 5,000 miles then it turned to shit trying to keep them tight. I am going to plate and weld them in.

maybe a jam nut should be used instead of a locknut

Or a jam nut on top of the lock nut. First problem I had was the big nut loosening up. Next issue I had that I just noticed Tuesday, the bolt was too long that goes through the shock, when I thought I had it tight, I really was just bottoming the bolt out on the inner fender, that was a pretty simple fix though.

WARNING!!! This setup will be ok for mild stuff, but any harder and you'd need to be ready for the shock ripping through the sheet metal and hitting the master cyl. You'll probably end up losing your brakes with no shocks. The sheet metal isn't up to the task of supportting the extra dampening.

Good Luck,

Randy

WARNING!!! This setup will be ok for mild stuff, but any harder and you'd need to be ready for the shock ripping through the sheet metal and hitting the master cyl. You'll probably end up losing your brakes with no shocks. The sheet metal isn't up to the task of supportting the extra dampening.

Good Luck,

Randy

Question, not that im trying to call you out or whatever, but have you actually seen this? I had about 2.5 inches of uptravel and the RS5000's WERE my bumpstops. I have slammed them hundreds of times and that sheet metal has never moved or deformed. Maybe it is a new body style thing, idk but I have scared people and given myself and them headaches when it bottomed out.... Of course its fixed now but.... Brakes are over rated.

Last edited:
Question, not that im trying to call you out or whatever, but have you actually seen this? I had about 2.5 inches of uptravel and the RS5000's WERE my bumpstops. I have slammed them hundreds of times and that sheet metal has never moved or deformed. Maybe it is a new body style thing, idk but I have scared people and given myself and them headaches when it bottomed out.... Of course its fixed now but.... Brakes are over rated.

LOL yes I have seen this on my buddy's JeepSpeed at the last henderson race. It wasn't pretty. Stick with a TandJ style.

http://tandjperformance.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=7

I used the JKS with my Bislteins 7100s and had no problems other than you need to make sure you get the bolt really tight on the unibody, the moment it loosens up just an ounce, it rattles (annoying as hell!!!) but other than that, no problems.

the thing that makes ours stronger is the way they are mounted. not only do we have a very large nut and bolt to the top of the fender well also have a blot that goes through the shock into the engine compartment. and on top of that we weld the mount to the fender weld making the 2 thin stitch welded pieces of sheet metal above the shock stay together. (a common problem is these two pieces start to split) this creates a stronger mounting point for your shocks. our brackets are laser cut to fit the stock shock mount so there will always be an exact fit.

There is no reson to reinvent the wheeel. We made the mount and it has worked in everything for years, never fail. Notheing better. Can't built it your self cheaper unless you have lots of time.
Just buy yht T&J's mount and be done with it the first time.

My jks mounts also always come loose,start banging like the shock is toast. More annoying than anything.

Back