• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window problem still happening

Hmebuildr

NAXJA Forum User
OK here is where it stands 99 Cherokee. None of the windows work Drivers side door lock does not work passenger side does Mirror controls also out.

Fuses all good
Circuit Breaker good
Switch good have replacement also which is good

If I use a test light and check the wires I get a light when operating the different window switches but no window operation also does not work if I ground the control off the black wire and use the switches

I can use the mirror controls and the power locks if I ground them first

Nothing with the windows has worked and there is nothing in the FSM that I have not already done.

One thing I am thinking of but have not checked is the door itself. when the switch worked if the door was open the window switch would not work the door had to be closed. When this problem started to appear the door had to be slammed shut to make the switch work. Could it be that the door when it is shut is not closing a connection??

It has me stumped any ideas on what might be the problem??

well..on my '01 all windows and both door locks work w/ any door open...only exception is the door locks will not work if the key is in the ignition. seems to me that all your symptoms have the driver's side (window/locks/mirrors) in common..but obviously you know that. my guess is something in the wiring/connectors inside the driver's door...

OK so on a 01 you can work the windows with the doors open how about a 99?

My next step is to start unplugging things and see what happens any other ideas?

By looking at the diagram... all of the door locks are controlled through the PS window/doorlock switch/relay... G107 is the ground for this switch... If you provide a ground for the door locks then thaty work, I would say there is a problem w/ G107.

The driver door module and the pass module have a common ground of G300. The mirror switch has a G302. The power window grounds use G302.

Rereading your OP, I would say that you have a MAJOR wiring issue where the harness comes into the doors.

Do you have an DVOM? If not, now would be a good time to get one. Unplug the DS window switch, and check for continuity from there to ground.

You can also make a HI-impedance test light by using a bulb from say a driving light to check the integrity of the power and ground coming into the DS window switch.

If ALL the B+ is good, and you ground the locks they work... bad ground. Almost has to have OPEN wires.

I'm not in NH, so without having it here I can just guess.

You can LOG ON to Autozone.com and get online repari information ie Wiring diagrams. You just have to wade through the LHD and RHD...

By looking at the diagram... all of the door locks are controlled through the PS window/doorlock switch/relay... G107 is the ground for this switch... If you provide a ground for the door locks then thaty work, I would say there is a problem w/ G107.

I would agree with this expect the passenger side works while the drives side does not and the key lock works to lock all doors.
The driver door module and the pass module have a common ground of G300. The mirror switch has a G302. The power window grounds use G302.

Rereading your OP, I would say that you have a MAJOR wiring issue where the harness comes into the doors.

I was thinking the same thing that a wire has broken between the doors so I tested the wires on both sides with no loss of power

Do you have an DVOM? If not, now would be a good time to get one. Unplug the DS window switch, and check for continuity from there to ground.

Yes I have been using one along with a test light

You can also make a HI-impedance test light by using a bulb from say a driving light to check the integrity of the power and ground coming into the DS window switch.

If ALL the B+ is good, and you ground the locks they work... bad ground. Almost has to have OPEN wires.

I'm not in NH, so without having it here I can just guess.

You can LOG ON to Autozone.com and get online repari information ie Wiring diagrams. You just have to wade through the LHD and RHD...

same as whats is in the FSM

Tomorrow is another day I will tear into it after work again but thanks and keep the ideas coming

Back