• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need quick answer regarding steering options

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
I am interested in upgrading my steering to OTK

I have 5.5 inches of lift. The idea of using the goferit inserts on both knuckles really appeals to me.

Now, what I do not understand fully, is what steering can I use with this setup?

I saw Currie, Tnt, RR, etc.

Also, are the road manners of OTK steering similar to UTK

I just did the go jeeps OTK setup on my Jeep and I have to say I really like it. I do have about 5.5" of lift. I just haven't done the relocation of the track bar yet? I haven't felt too much bump steer with the track bar in the stock location. But it will have to be done in the very near future.

I got the stock feeling or better back even with 35's.

The only thing though if you have stock rims it might get a little tight on the TRE. I have black steelies with 4.0 BS. I had no problems with the TRE and rim.

The install went easy and was one of the best mod's I have done on the Jeep.

I also did the V8 tie rod upgrade at the same time.

Here are the part #'s that I needed to complete the install.

(3) Goferit inserts. 1 for each knuckle and 1 for Drag link (stabilizer hole)
(1) 52000601 RHD drag link. From pitman arm to left knuckle http://www.cyberjeep.com/products.asp?dept=5603#19
(2) ES3096 Tie rod ends 1 for pitman arm and 1 for the driver side knuckle
(1) DS1312 Tie rod V8 zj
(2) ES2079S Adjusting Sleeve

The TRE's, V8 Tie Rod, And the adjusting sleeves were all lifetime warranty through AutoZone. I also like being able to get the parts at almost any parts house (except the RHD drag link).

I hope this helps.

The go-fer-its are for the stock ball joints only. The Currie, RR, TNT & DIY with chevy parts all use way bigger ball joints. Thus why they are 1/2 ton upgrades.

Back