• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Gen2 Disco Parts??

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone replaced the heim joint on the sway bar link and what size is it. I've got the thing soaking right now to try to disassemble but want to order the heim through mcmaster cause they are quick cheap and fast. Any help would be good and I'll update the thread with a part that works if I find it first.

I bought replacements from RE for like $25, so if you find a cheaper source please post it here.
Also, when you put them back together, use loctite on that shoulder bolt. I lost one and RE charged me $10 for 1 bolt + $10 shipping.
If they break again, I'm getting JKS.

These are the ones I got from http://www.mcmaster.com/#4444t231/=2vf5v9 They are greaseable and they were a perfect fit. They are $6.98 each and since mcmaster is the $hit I ordered them at 10:00am EST on they were at my door next day. They are nice and quiet now. You can also pick from different ends as long as the shank thread is 1/2" 20 and 1/2" for the eye

I like the re diso's but they're noisy, and theres already play in the hiem with only 10,000 miles. And, the bolt that goes through the sway bar snapped on me, on a bumpy road. It's a grade 5 bolt.

:(

I have different bolts in there I got them locally and they work good. I think they are called a shoulder bolt or something like that. The thing with these discos is that if you don't put loctite on them they will fall apart.

Back