• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bedliner roof

Raptor liner. It's 2k and doesn't have all the little rubber bits in it that Herculiner does. Also UV stable, so it won't fade. If you have a compressor, it's $100 for the kit and comes with everything you need. Even the gun.

Not Herculiner for sure. I did this a while ago and its all coming off now and fading away. I will either get it professionally done or go with a higher quality kit that can be used with a spray gun. I have heard good things about Upol Raptor, Gator grip or something and a few others.

Edit: This is the Gator Guard, professionally sprayed by the guys at River Raider Off Road. I checked it out in person at the PA Jeeps jeep show. Looked great, no fading or blemishes. http://picasaweb.google.com/riverraiderss/CrusherCorners#5332347945239032082

Last edited:
Black? on the roof? Can you say HOT in the summer?
Maybe not as much an issue in PA as in the southwest, but I think you just want to re-paint it.
My old man used latex-base white house paint, thick as could be, on the roof of his work van in Florida. Stripped interior, no headliner - the thing stays pretty cool even in summer, at least relative to how it was with metallic brown on top. I'm betting house paint will stay UV resistant - and with the thickness of it, durable.

X2 with the Raptor liner I love this stuff I have it on my roof and also in the back cargo area it is very strong, But rember it all depends on your prep work.

I would go with white raptor. You can buy a tintable kit, which comes in a sort of bone/gray color. If you added some pearl white though, I think it could look really nice.

Back